Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), travellers, and the travel industry as a whole, are facing unprecedented challenges. We are aware you will have many questions about how this affects your plans. These resources may help, and you can also contact us about your specific trip.
Our team are working extremely hard to respond to the volume of calls and emails we are experiencing. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience, and we will be back in touch with everyone who has reached out to us as soon as possible.
COVID-19 TRIP INFORMATION
As Covid-19 spreads throughout Europe, each country has its own planned approach. This consequently means that each of our trips is treated individually. In general, most trips are currently suspended up to around 15th June, bike and boat trips up to end June.
Our priority is, and will always be, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff and partners. The concerns and repercussions from the Covid-19 pandemic have continued to accelerate. The actions by governments and health authorities to control the spread of the virus has severely impacted travel globally and our ability to safely operate our trips.
We have been monitoring the situation, which is changing on a daily basis. Many countries are now beginning to relax restrictions and borders are beginning to open. By mid-June, many trips will be possible for guests who are resident in Europe. Possibly by July International guests will be able to gain entry to many countries.
We try to look out around 2-4 weeks to decide what trips can run and which cannot.
Q – I have paid our holiday balance – but will our trip take place as planned.
If we find your trip cannot take place, we will contact you as soon as possible and offer you the choice of:
- Postponing your trip to a specific date any time before Dec 2020 and on many trips until Dec 2021. There may be a price variance depending on season changes and changes in supplier’s costs.
- Postponing your trip to an unspecified date any time before Dec 2021.
- Cancelling your trip and receiving a credit for 100% of monies paid to use against a future trip any time before Dec 2021.
Q – My holiday balance is due to be paid soon what are our options.
- Pay the balance by or on the due date, we offer a free reschedule up to 4 weeks before the trip commencement date as detailed above, our normal reschedule feeds may apply.
- Reschedule the trip to later in 2020 and on many tours to 2021. Price fluctuations may apply due to seasonal changes, our normal reschedule feeds may apply.
- Cancel your trip with loss of deposit, please note our standard booking terms and conditions apply.
Q- My flight has been cancelled by my airline
In this situation, we cannot offer any refunds. Please see above what your options are depending on whether you have paid your holiday balance or not.
Thank you for your continued patience during these unprecedented events. Our team are working extremely hard to respond to the volume of calls and emails we are experiencing. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience, and we will be in touch with everyone affected as soon as we can.
WHERE WE GET OUR ADVICE
We closely monitor and follow Government travel advice via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Our decision-making for customer travel will directly reflect both the FCO Advisory Levels, and any change in UK Government advice will also change our approach.
We also closely monitor the World Health Organization (WHO) for information on Coronavirus itself, the global situation and tips for prevention.
Lastly, we are in regular contact with our partners on the ground who can provide local insight and relevant details pertaining to Hooked on Cycling and Walking trips.