Packing for a holiday can be tedious at the best of times, so what do you need to pack for a walking holiday? If you have booked your Hooked on Walking holiday then about 3-4 weeks before your holiday start date, you will receive your tour material. Inside this has our suggested packing list which we think you should consider taking with you.
Remember we have made carrying your luggage easy as pretty much all our holidays here at Hooked on Walking include door to door luggage transfers. This means all you need to carry is your daily items for out hiking.
Packing List For Your Hooked on Walking Holiday
- Strong walking boots and several pairs of quality socks.
- Waterproofs – both top and legs are worthwhile
- Backpack (20l-30l should be enough for a day back) and also a waterproof cover in case it rains
- Base layers (remember to wear layers) Long sleeved tops and also short sleeved, fleece etc
- Trousers/shorts – make sure they are comfortable to walk in and don’t rub against your skin
- Hat (to keep the sun off)
- Plug adaptor
- First aid kit with the necessities (blister treatment)
- Clothes to wear when not walking (evening clothes etc)
- Walking poles if you use these
Sunglasses, sun cream, insect cream, hat, camera (with charger or spare batteries and spare memory cards), phone (with charger)
- Passport, visas (if required)
- Money (local currency in cash and credit cards)
- Airline information
- Our tour material
- Your EHIC (if entitled)
- Travel insurance.
Remember our list is not fully required, if there are items missing that you think you will need then take them with you. If there are things that you don’t want to take like walking poles then again you don’t need to take them. This is just our suggested kit list for your walking holiday.
We have a handy PDF download which you can save and use to keep you on track with your packing
If you need any further help then please don’t hesitate in contacting us.
Phone: +44 (0)1506 635399